[c-nsp] Cisco equivalent of juniper hardware

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Wed Jun 6 14:30:17 EDT 2007

The XR 12000 series will do what you need.  Namely the 124XX or
128XX.  They both support the 10GE linecard, you can get redundant
power supplies, run redundant PRP-2s in NSF mode for uninterrupted
fail over between processors.  PRP-2 will take 4GB or memory, which
is more than enough to support 4 full feeds and 25 peers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps167/
prod_models_comparison.html
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps167/
products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html