[c-nsp] HSRP Flapping Due to CPU Spikes

hjan hjan at libero.it
Thu Jun 14 06:04:27 EDT 2007

alaerte.vidali at nsn.com ha scritto:
> Hi Gianluca,
>
> Did you have a clue why does rate-limit solve the problem?

In my case it is a combination of multiple factor, network topolgy and
routing/qos design, however with mls rate-limit unicast ip icmp
unreachable acl-drop 0 you force the SIP601-LC to doesn't punt
unreachable packet to SUP-720 for processing,  so you can't overwhelm
the CPU.
In my case for a short time after the up/down on tenge the cpu was
overwhelmed and drop on mistral asic occours, what you drop is random
and in my case involved eigrp.

A sniff of the pachet punted to RP helped me a lot :) :
monitor session 1 source interface gx/y
monitor session 1 destination interface gx/y
remote command switch test monitor add 1 rp-inband tx

Regards,
Gianluca