[c-nsp] Netflow: Migration fron 7500 to 6500 problem

Simon Allard simon.allard at maxnet.co.nz
Thu Jun 14 17:53:56 EDT 2007

Hi Cisco-nsp

I recently moved from a 7500 platform to a 6500 platform and I am now
having netflow issues.

On the 7500 platform, the netflow flows used to have both source
interface index and destination interface index, but since moving to the
6500 platform, the destination index is being set to zero.

I am using version 5 of netflow.

Does the 6500 platform support dest index in version 5 of netflow? Or is
upgrading to version 9 of netflow my only option? Reading some of the
docs about this, they do say that the dest index should work in IOS
12.1(13) and later.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/intsolns/netflsol/nfwhi
te.htm#wp1030618

IOS Version:
IOS (tm) s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-PSV-M), Version 12.2(18)SXD7b,
RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Config:

mls flow ip interface-full
mls flow ipv6 interface-full

ip flow-export source Loopback0
ip flow-export version 5
ip flow-export destination xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 7003
ip flow-export destination xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 7003

interface GigabitEthernet4/1
 ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 no ip proxy-arp
 ip flow ingress