[c-nsp] Per destination or per VLAN CIR/MIR

Peter Kranz pkranz at unwiredltd.com
Fri Jun 15 12:19:22 EDT 2007

I'm trying to figure out the best way to solve the following problem;
(Currently I used linux running HTB to do this, but would like to ditch the
linux box)

On mountain top sites, we have a few hundred users, each with a subnet of
/30 or larger..
Each user has a MIR and CIR based on their data plan, i.e. 1 Mb/s CIR
burstable to 6 Mb/s MIR..
Do to the nature of the technology, all the users on a particular access
point/radio share the full BW of the radio, lets say 14 Mb/s, So If one user
is bursting at 6 Mb/s that leaves 8 Mb/s for other users MIR and CIR before
it starts lowering the bursting users BW.

Whats the best way to implement this model in a Cisco world? What switch
models support it? I was looking at UBRL but it doesn't appear to support
the PIR when using user subnet masks..

Thanks.

Peter Kranz
Founder/CEO - Unwired Ltd