[c-nsp] Strange behavior in sh ip bgp neighbors x.y.z.w advertised-routes

Diogo Montagner diogo.montagner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 16:57:25 EDT 2007

Hello all,

considering the scenario:

router-AS1 <--> router-AS2

In this AS1 bgp neighbor configuration I have a outbound policy that
modify the attributes of routes.

In this route-map OUT, I have a instance where I insert a route
prepend. When I search for this route using the AS2 looking glass I
can see the prepend, but when I issue the "sh ip bgp neighbor x.y.z.w
advertised-routes" in router-AS1 I cannot find this prepend. This same
behavior is observed in others BGP attributes like metric, local
preference, etc.

Our support said that the command "sh ip bgp neighbors x.y.z.w adv"
show the routes before it cross the outbound policer. But the weird
thing is, if in this outbound policy I put a deny instance for don't
advertise the route to AS2, the route disappear from the output of
command "sh ip bgp nei x.y.z.w adv".

Is there a command that shows the routes after it crosses the outbound policer ?

Regards,
Diogo