[c-nsp] Solid L2 switch - 2948G or 3548-XL-EN?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Jun 24 05:23:36 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 03:47:01PM -0400, Lamar Owen wrote:
> I was mostly curious if someone had had issues with them, other than these
> documented limitations.

Some of the worst problems we experienced:

 - switch suddenly stopping to switch any traffic, requiring a power cylce
   (we had the device RMAed, but the second one did it as well).  TAC never
   found the reason.

 - when you applied ACLs to the GE ports, and the ACL exceeded a certain
   length and could not fit to the TCAM anymore, the switch *SILENTLY*
   removes the ACL from the interface (it prints a warning to CONSOLE,
   but not to vty, syslog, or anywhere else where you might actually
   notice).  TAC claimed "this cannot be changed".

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de