[c-nsp] Graceful way to terminate BGP Session

a. Rahman Isnaini r. sutan risnaini at speed.net.id
Sun Jun 24 22:02:41 EDT 2007

I used to do this way as we have many peers 'come and go'.

1. Incoming
    - Add more as path prepends to old one if using the similar prefix
lenghth / Advertise (all) longer prefix to the new upstream
    - Ensure all traffic had moved
    - Shut BGP session then interface
    - Re-aggregate the prefix if still needed.

2. Outgoing manipulation local preference, prepend, weight & shutdown BGP
Session then interface.

- a. rahman isnaini r. sutan