[c-nsp] FE switchport output drops

Ras jeekay at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:48:00 EDT 2007

On 25/06/07, Church, Charles <cchurch at multimax.com> wrote:
> Is the port configured with anything out of the ordinary, broadcast
> storm suppression, policing, etc?  Anything in the logs showing up
> involving layer 2 or 3 stuff - unresolved MAC addresses, ARP?  Backplane
> issue maybe on that card or CPU on the sup?  Did it just start doing
> this?  If so, what changed?

The entire config is:

interface FastEthernet2/11
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 302,310,406,409,503,604,900
 switchport mode trunk
 load-interval 30
 speed 100
 duplex full

There are no log entries showing anything out of the ordinary on the
switch or this port specifically.

We have only just noticed this, I suspect it has been going on for
some time and actually explains some strange packet drop issues we've
been investigating for a little while.

Thanks,
Ras