[c-nsp] Possible Stupid Questions Alert - Combining VLAN's

James MacDonald j4m3sm63 at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 25 20:29:53 EDT 2007

Hi, I didn't read all the replies before posting ... so this could be redundant ... but you can do vlan translation on the ME-3750, ME-6524 or Sup32 even ... and other switches. You simply do a single statement on the trunk port to re-map vlan 100 to vlan 200 for instance ... and away you go.

Here is a link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008069a3d4.html#wp1044990

We use this and the port for port method successfully in our network ... the method is basically determined by our budget at the time :)

Jim MacDonald
j4m3sm63 at yahoo.ca