[c-nsp] Stuck Route

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Tue Jun 26 10:57:45 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 02:01:37PM +0100, Steve Wright wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a number of dial in platforms (PSTN, ISDN, xDSL) and we recently changed our radius servers.
>
> Since then, every now and again we are seeing a stuck per-user static route; ie they login on one device, get their framed ip and
> route assigned and everything's working, when they disconnect the framed ip is removed, however the static route remains.
>
> I am struggling to understand what could cause this and am wondering whether anyone else has experienced something similar?

What IOS version are you running?  We see an occasional problem where a
user's connection gets dropped due to a network problem but they don't get
logged out.  If you do a "show users", you see a user still logged in with
a Virtual-Interface but no IP address associated with the login.

We wrote a script to detect the sessions described above and issue
"clear interface ViXXXX" for each of them.  Clumsy, but it works.

When you do "show users", do users with the stale routes show up as still
logged in?