[c-nsp] Stuck Route

Steve Wright steve at stevewrightonline.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 11:10:12 EDT 2007

Hi Ed,

> What IOS version are you running?  We see an occasional problem where a
> user's connection gets dropped due to a network problem but they don't get
> logged out.  If you do a "show users", you see a user still logged in with
> a Virtual-Interface but no IP address associated with the login.
> We wrote a script to detect the sessions described above and issue
> "clear interface ViXXXX" for each of them.  Clumsy, but it works.
>
> When you do "show users", do users with the stale routes show up as still
> logged in?

Nope, however we have just figured this out.

Something bad (tm) happened with the radius servers and the data import from that side and had affected a number of users that were
being assigned the sames routers; the user would login, then user2 would login and add the exact same route. The initial user would
disconnect, however the route would remain, but could not reach its target IP address, because user2 was still logged in but their
was no association between the two that was identifiable.

All good fun as they say!

Thanks,

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController - www.MailController.altohiway.com