[c-nsp] Cisco IOS versions that support switchport?

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Tue Jun 26 17:24:46 EDT 2007

J. Oquendo wrote:
> Seth Mattinen wrote:
>> Hank Nussbacher wrote:
>>
>>> I tried using the Feature navigator and could not find a simple
>>> "switchport" capability.  Where can I find a Cisco page that shows
>>> which IOS versions that support switchport capability (specifically
>>> for 871, 1841, 2501, 2514 and 2610)?
>>>

>> Isn't that command only available on switching platforms?
>>
>> routy-core0#show int Fa0/0 switchport
>> % Fa0/0 is not a switchable port
>>
>> You've listed all router platforms.
>>

> Done with EtherSwitch modules... (Don't know about the 25xx, nor 26xx
> series. Although it
> does say 2691 is supported)
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_data_sheet0900aecd8028d15f.html

Well, the NME modules are really a 3750 in module form and are not part
of the host router. Internally it just shows up as a gig ethernet port,
and it still not a switchable port:

routy-core0#service-module Gi1/0 status
Service Module is Cisco GigabitEthernet1/0
Service Module supports session via TTY line 66
Service Module is in Steady state
Service Module reset on error is disabled
Getting status from the Service Module, please wait..

   EtherSwitch Service Module with 16 PoE FE ports and 1 GE port
   System name      = switchy-core0
   Model string     = NME-16ES-1G-P
   System board ID  = 0x18
   Base MAC addr    = 0015.c680.0700
   Switch number    = 1
   System uptime    = 24 days, 2 hours, 40 minutes, 12 seconds

routy-core0#show int Gi1/0 switchport
% Gi1/0 is not a switchable port

If I want to do anything with those ports, I have to establish a session
with the NME itself, not the router it lives in.

~Seth