[c-nsp] Cat 3750G EMI + BGP + Redundancy

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Jun 27 16:04:53 EDT 2007

On 6/25/07, Kristian Kielhofner <kris at krisk.org> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>  I have two 3750G-24TSs in a cabinet at our colo - configured in a
> stack, with two FastE uplinks (one to each switch in stack) to our
> colo's network configured with spanning tree (yuck).  As of right now
> the 3750s aren't doing anything "fancy" (other than the stacking, if
> you consider that fancy).

..snip..

  Replying to my own post:

  I wanted to thank everyone for the responses I have gotten so far.
Most of the responses were concerned with BGP on the 3750 and the
limited number of routes that it can handle.  I want to stress that
for my application, "only" 11K routes (we have 3750G-24TS) is probably
more than enough.

  We are a regional VoIP provider and we are simply looking to
optimize the routing between our network and a handful of select ISPs
in the local area.  I should have explained that more in my first
post.  Sorry about that.

  With that out of the way, does anyone have any hints about how I
could configure this setup for some kind of redundancy?

Thanks again!

--
Kristian Kielhofner