[c-nsp] C3845 not processing IGMP reports

Matti Saarinen mjsaarin at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Jun 28 03:01:37 EDT 2007

"Collins, Richard (SNL US)" <richard.collins.ext at nsn.com> wrote:

> It might be useful to see additional information such as:
>
> c3845#show ip igmp interface gi0/1.180
>
> c3845#show ip igmp groups

 Those commands show no groups relating to gi0/1.180, unfortunately.

 One thing I forgot to mention is that if I manually configure the
 router interface to join a group (int gi0/1.180 ... ip igmp join-group
 x.x.x.x), packets sent to that group are flooded to the whole vlan (as
 they should because the swtiches there don't do snooping).

 I'm now trying to ask the local people to arrange me a port mirror from
 the link going to the 3845 and also acces to some other host connected
 to the same vlan as the one I'm currently looking at is.

 Cheers,

--
- Matti -