[c-nsp] T1 Aggregation box

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Tue Mar 6 18:18:03 EST 2007

Jeff,

  Are you married to a Cisco solution?   If so a Cisco 7206 with PA-
MC-T3 and an Adtran M13 mux would be more than enough to handle 20
T1s worth of termination.  It will also handle bonding with MLPPP

For non Cisco you can look at the Zhone IPD12000 or Zhone MALC
chassis that can terminate EFM DS-1s to GigE/FastE.  These devices
use Ethernet in the First Mile, you need an EFM Bridge as  CPE and
hand off FastE to your customer firewall/router (no need for a
WIC-1T1).  You can also look at the Adtran TotalAccess 3000 chassis,
that can handle DS1 <-> Ethernet terminations