[c-nsp] OSPF, load balancing

Paolo Losi p.losi at interactive.eu
Wed Mar 7 07:51:56 EST 2007

Dear friends.

We are now introducing OSPF in our small network.

There is a load balancing problem that we would like to cleanly
address:

          |-router X-|
          |          |
router A-|          |-router B
          |          |
          |-router Y-|

the requirement for traffic flowing from A to B and B to A is:
- each IP "flow" (ip dst, ip src, proto, etc.etc...) must cross
   always the same router (X or Y) both in the forward that backword
   direction.

Right now we are using route maps / rtr / track:

track 123 rtr 1 reachability

ip sla monitor 1
  type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho XX.XX.XX.XX
  frequency 10

route-map filter permit 10
  match ip address access-list-foo
  set ip next-hop verify-availability YY.YY.YY.YY 10 track 123

is there a clean way to accomplish this with ospf?
we would like to throw track away all toghether.

Thanks
Paolo