[c-nsp] OSPF, load balancing

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Wed Mar 7 08:34:31 EST 2007

Short answer: No. You can't get symmetrical
flows like this. The CEF hashing algorithm will hash uniquely
at Router A and Router B and while deterministic at the local
router it's nondeterministic at both points in regards to a flow
path.

Why do you care which way it goes unless there is some stateful firewall
or feature enabled on them?