[c-nsp] DST change on catos 6500

dalton daltons at panix.com
Wed Mar 7 15:52:43 EST 2007

ideally i could switch to UTC across all the 6500's we have (about 10),
however these devices are logging to a central log server which
writes the system time stamps , so i had received some resistence to
switching everything to UTC that perhaps it could cause some confusion.

assuming i can't switch things to UTC at the moment, do i infact need to
specify the 60 minute offset in catos for DST? i was assuming that the summertime setting was making the offset, but perhaps i'm misunderstanding.
for ex.

set summertime recurring second Sunday March 02:00 first Sunday November 02:00 60

do i need that offset at the end?

thanks.
dalton