[c-nsp] ISDN PRI on AS5300 12.2

vince anton mvanton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 10:02:59 EST 2007

Hi,

here goes the E1 status as requested by oli:

E1 0 is down.
  Applique type is Channelized E1 - balanced
  Receiver has loss of frame.
  alarm-trigger is not set
  Version info of slot 0:  HW: 1, PLD Rev: 11
  Framer Version: 0x8

and here is the ISDN status:

Global ISDN Switchtype = primary-net5
ISDN Serial0:15 interface
        dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = primary-net5
    Layer 1 Status:
        DEACTIVATED
    Layer 2 Status:
        TEI = 0, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = TEI_ASSIGNED
    Layer 3 Status:
        0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0
    The Free Channel Mask:  0x00000000
    Number of L2 Discards = 0, L2 Session ID = 0

debugging gives absolutely no output :-(

The only difference that I did not mention before is that the new 12.2 box
has an 8 port E1 Card, while the working 12.1 box has a 4 port E1 card.

dunno - perhaps the hardware is gone, but it was working ok until about a
week ago with R2 type circuits.

thanks

anton

On 07/03/07, Robert Carter <rcarter at kpu.net> wrote:

>  Good morning,
>
> Yes, for a better understanding, please send:
>
> sh isdn stat
>
> Then term mon and debug (if you can)
>
> debug isdn q921 (layer 2)
>
> That would help me in helping you... ;)
>
> Thanks,
> Robert-
>
> vince anton wrote:
>
> On 07/03/07, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) <oboehmer at cisco.com> <oboehmer at cisco.com> wrote:
>
>  were there any major differences between 12.1 and 12.2 that require
> different config for such setup ?
>
>  not that I'm aware of.. the E1 should come up. did you check with the
> telco? What does "show controller e1 0" say?
>
>         oli
>

> Actually I moved the cable of a working ISDN circuit from the 12.1 box to
> the 12.2
>  box, so in this case I dont think its the telco - although I blame
> them often :-)
>
> 'sh contr e1 0' says: 'E1 0 is down' - i'll get you the exact/full output.
>
> if there are any extra debugs that can help I can do that too.
>

> Thanks,
>
> anton

Thanks,

anton