[c-nsp] TACACS+ source-interface in 12.2(33)SRB

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Wed Mar 14 09:21:08 EST 2007

I just put 12.2(33)SRB on a router we have in testing.  We'll be moving
all our Sup720-3BXLs to SRB in the near future for CALEA support.  I
rebooted that Sup this morning and noticed upon reboot that it would not
auth me via SSH.  I checked the logs on my AAA server and found that the
  TACACS packets were coming from an interface IP and not from Lo0 like
I had previously configured prior to the reboot.  I changed my TACACS
server config to match the packet coming it and it fixed the problem.
When I went to add the missing command to the 720-3BXL, ip tacacs
source-interface Lo0, it would not take it.  SRA1 had this feature and
just about every IOS I've used in the last 5+ years.  SRB appears to
have either removed the feature or moved it to another command in the
config tree.  Source interface commands are still available for NTP,
syslog, and FTP I know.

Does anyone know if this command is a goner or if it just moved to
somewhere else?  I haven't been able to find any docs online.

Thanks
  Justin