[c-nsp] Bug ID CSCdy72539 For GRE Tunneling on 6500 PFC3B

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Thu Mar 15 03:38:06 EST 2007

On (2006-12-08 11:07 -0800), Sukumar Subburayan wrote:

> Just an FYI, based on popular customer demand/request for
> troubleshooting instrumentation, we are targetting this CPU
> capture feature for an upcoming release for the Cat65xx, so that, it is
> more user friendly, extensible and customizable.
>
> It will be able to capture traffic bound to RP/SP CPU and  store
> as files in capture formats, in local flash devices, which  then  can be
> shipped to Cisco TAC for further analysis or be opened with sniffer
> utilities like Ethereal.

Another small FYI, Phil's script is great, if you're planning
to do debugging (it reads the packets straight out from socket
and writes to pcap). But if you've already captured data
from GRE tunnel interface via libpcap, you don't have
very useful file, unless you pop out linux_cooked_capture
and erspan headers before each file, change pcap
header for each file to fix size and change linktype
from linux_cooked_capture to ethernet.
Being in above situation I wrote this morning small script to
do just that, let me know if it would be useful to you and I'll
share it.

Thanks,
--
  ++ytti