[c-nsp] High CPU for XDR mcast (What the heck is this?)

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Thu Mar 15 11:06:42 EST 2007

Rodney Dunn wrote:
> This must be old code because it doesn't break out the XDR message types.
>
> Seems like something may have broken with IPC to the LC's.

So my best bet at this point would be to do another OIR, force an RSP
reload, or something else? I guess if I mask the slot, rsp stall, see if
it stops, then at least I know it's the card.

The IOS image says it's from 2/7/07 - Maybe it was just a rebuild. It's
the only image that has all the features I need, plus SSO/NSF :-)

Now, the original reason for the OIR was because the GEIP was seeing
some packet loss. The OIR fixed that, but maybe the VIP has corrupt RAM
or something that is causing CEF issues?

David