[c-nsp] 10GB redundant fiber between buildings able to pull off ethernet, DS-3, etc.

Rick Ernst nsp at shreddedmail.com
Thu Mar 22 18:37:06 EST 2007

We've run out of floor space at our colocation facility and are taking
over another space about 200 yards away.

I need an active/protect type of connection between the buildings.  I'd
need to pull off multiple ethernet VLANs, and also some DS-3 and possibly
even OC-3  circuits for out-of-band connections.

Is there a single device that will handle this, or would it work out
better to light up some additional strands and have different gear for the
ethernet side and the "telco" side?

Ethernet-only with meshing, EAPS, FSTP, whatever is pretty trivial, but I
need the copper connections, too.

Recommendations?

Thanks!,
Rick