[c-nsp] FWSM Question

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Sun Mar 25 15:17:15 EST 2007

Hi Paul,

You shouldn't need an SVI to make this work, but you'll still need to
create the VLAN on the MSFC. Without the SVI for VLAN 95 what does "sh
vlan id brief" show? Does VLAN 95 exist?

Try entering the following configuration on the MSFC:

vlan 95
  no shutdown

Sam

Thanks Sam for the reply... yes the VLAN does exist on the MSFC...

If I remove the SVI I see the following:

dis1-rtr-mb#sh vlan id brief
Command rejected: Bad VLAN list - character #1 is a non-numeric
character ('b').
Invalid vlan list.

dis1-rtr-mb#sh vlan id 95

VLAN Name                             Status    Ports
---- -------------------------------- ---------
-------------------------------
95   TEST-FWSM                        active    Po277

VLAN Type  SAID       MTU   Parent RingNo BridgeNo Stp  BrdgMode Trans1
Trans2
------
95   enet  100095     1500  -      -      -        -    -        0      0

Remote SPAN VLAN
Disabled

Primary Secondary Type              Ports