[c-nsp] 7200s and fastethernet aggregator ?

Philippe Strauss philou at philou.ch
Wed Mar 28 04:57:03 EST 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 11:43:27AM +0200, Kristofer Sigurdsson wrote:
> david.ponsdesserre at uk.bnpparibas.com>:
> >
> > May be but then you will end up with your 7200s acting as a giant
> > bottleneck ..........
>
> I don't know about the original poster's bandwidth/packet rate requirements,
> but I believe a 7200 with NPE-G2 could manage quite a number of typical
> customer 100M connections (in my experience, customers do not usually flat
> out their links 24/7).

Is the NPE-G2 stable? I guess there should be no problem in this
regard, it's a pure central CPU design, but we never know.

Also, the bottleneck in the 7200 seems to be the PCI bus latency for
small packets.

How about the 7304? What is the bus used on those beast?

regards.

--
Philippe Strauss
av. de Beaulieu 25