[c-nsp] 7200s and fastethernet aggregator ?

Rodney Dunn rodney at cisco.com
Wed Mar 28 06:48:51 EST 2007

Before a couple of months ago I had to agree with you Kristo.

But maybe not now. ;)

I just had to work an issue with overruns on the NPE-G100 Gig ports
ona  7304 because it couldn't keep up.

The customer upgraded to the NSE-150 and in the lab it did line
rate GIG with no issues. The RP CPU in the case you need to punt
is much much faster. I need to go back and check the specs.

This customer was doing dual GIG links to the core and an OC12 on the
handoff to the WAN. It was filling up the WAN and the box never even
noticed. He was using the 1xOC12 SPA.

Something to consider....

Rodney