[c-nsp] 7200s and fastethernet aggregator ?

Kristofer Sigurdsson kristo at kristo.is
Wed Mar 28 07:11:42 EST 2007

Hi,

2007/3/28, Rodney Dunn <rodney at cisco.com>:

> Before a couple of months ago I had to agree with you Kristo.
>
> But maybe not now. ;)
>
> I just had to work an issue with overruns on the NPE-G100 Gig ports
> ona  7304 because it couldn't keep up.

I actually didn't comment on the 7304's, as I don't have any experience on
those.  Does this also apply on the NPE-G2, perhaps?  In my experience, the
NPE-G1 works very well, I haven't worked with G2 yet.

I've done up to 600-700 Mbit/s on NPE-G1 (7301), without any significant
problems (nasty load, though, don't recommend it).

The customer upgraded to the NSE-150 and in the lab it did line
> rate GIG with no issues. The RP CPU in the case you need to punt
> is much much faster. I need to go back and check the specs.
>
> This customer was doing dual GIG links to the core and an OC12 on the
> handoff to the WAN. It was filling up the WAN and the box never even
> noticed. He was using the 1xOC12 SPA.
>
> Something to consider....

Definitely.  Thanks for the tip.

-Kristo