[c-nsp] Show system jumbomtu

Sukumar Subburayan sukumars at cisco.com
Fri Mar 30 14:14:01 EST 2007

  Global System MTU can be used for dropping packets on the
egress.

For eg, if the 'system jumbomtu.. ' is set at 5000 byte,s this will
make all switchports with 'mtu 9216' to drop packets above 5000 bytes on
the egress, regardless of the individual port mtu configuration.

L2/L3 physical Interface MTU (mtu <mtu-size>) is used to enable jumbo
frame support on the physical interfaces for L2 or L3.

SVI MTU again can be used to enable L3 Jumbo frame support for that
Switch Virtual Interface (SVI).

There is no need to touch 'vlan MTU' in the vlan config mode to support
Jumbo frames.

When you enable L3 Jumbo frame support on L3 ports (L3 physical port or
SVI), it automatically adjusts 'ip mtu..' . The reverse is not true.

I don't know about MPLS MTU stuff. Someone else can chime in.

How you want to use all this depends on what you want to do.

sukumar