[c-nsp] NetFlow for Bandwidth Billing

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Wed May 2 09:55:44 EDT 2007

On May 2, 2007, at 6:36 AM, TCIS List Acct wrote:

> My main concern is to understand the implications of using NetFlow
> for bandwidth
> billing, and if there are any major reasons "not" to do it this way.

Lots of SPs use NetFlow for this application (as well as for security
purposes), it works pretty well.  All of the open-source tools
mentioned handle the asymmetry just fine (that's actually a function
of NetFlow itself, not the tools, per se).

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

You may not be interested in strategy, but strategy is interested in
you.

                       -- Leon Trotsky