[c-nsp] NetFlow for Bandwidth Billing

TCIS List Acct listacct at tulsaconnect.com
Wed May 2 15:25:40 EDT 2007

Adam Powers wrote:

> 1. Find a collector that supports NetFlow deduplication. One of the
> biggest challenge you run into with NetFlow is duplicate NetFlow records
> exported from multiple routers. You’ll want to be careful not to double
> count yet catch everything sent/received by the logical IP block you’re
> monitoring.

In the past, we've only been able to do NetFlow on the ingress side.  It appears
that in newer IOS releases we can now monitor both ingress and egress.  This, in
theory, should go a long way towards eliminating the duplication issue if we
only monitor on our transit links in the core routers.

--Mike