[c-nsp] NPE-G2 12.4x - BGP Updates

Raymond Ho raymond.wj at gmail.com
Thu May 3 02:06:48 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm having issues in BGP updates based on 12.4.11T, below is the scenario.

Summary:-
1. I've tried replacing TEST-IRR-TRANSIT-INTL-* -> NEW-IRR-* and did both soft / hard clear on the BGP session; apparently it's not being taken effect and the prefixes weren't mark with its new communities and local-pref but the prefixes were marked with the default parameters.

2. When I insert the original TEST-IRR-TRANSIT-INTL-* route-maps back and did the soft clear, immediately it has been taken effect.

3. I've tried making changes to the existing route-maps and did a soft clear, it took effect immediately.

Other words, whenever I replaced the route-maps with new route-maps there's no effect at all.

Did anyone of you face this issue before ? If yes, how did you overcome it.

Cheers.

Engine: NPE-G2
IOS: c7200p-spservicesk9-mz.124-11.T.bin

Exiting route-map:-
TEST-IRR-TRANSIT-INTL-IN
TEST-IRR-TRANSIT-INTL-OUT

Attempt new route-map:-
NEW-IRR-IN
NEW-IRR-OUT

Configuration:-

router bgp 65000
 bgp router-id 10.0.0.1
 bgp log-neighbor-changes
 neighbor IBGP-RR peer-group
 neighbor IBGP-RR remote-as 65000
 neighbor IBGP-RR description IBGP-RR
 neighbor IBGP-RR version 4
 neighbor VPNv4-RR peer-group
 neighbor VPNv4-RR remote-as 65000
 neighbor VPNv4-RR version 4
 neighbor 10.0.0.15 peer-group VPNv4-RR
 neighbor 10.0.0.10 peer-group IBGP-RR
 neighbor 10.0.0.11 peer-group IBGP-RR
 neighbor 172.16.50.22 remote-as 64600
 neighbor 172.16.50.22 version 4
!
 address-family ipv4
 neighbor IBGP-RR send-community
 neighbor IBGP-RR soft-reconfiguration inbound
 neighbor IBGP-RR route-map ACCESS-OUT out
 neighbor VPNv4-RR send-community both
 neighbor VPNv4-RR route-map RESTRICT-VPN out
 neighbor 10.0.0.15 activate
 neighbor 10.0.0.10 activate
 neighbor 10.0.0.11 activate
 neighbor 172.16.50.22 activate
 neighbor 172.16.50.22 send-community
 neighbor 172.16.50.22 soft-reconfiguration inbound
 neighbor 172.16.50.22 prefix-list AS64600 in
 neighbor 172.16.50.22 route-map TEST-IRR-TRANSIT-INTL-IN in
 neighbor 172.16.50.22 route-map TEST-IRR-TRANSIT-INTL-OUT out
!
 address-family vpnv4
 neighbor VPNv4-RR send-community both
 neighbor 10.0.0.15 activate