[c-nsp] NetFlow for Bandwidth Billing

Raymond Ho raymond.wj at gmail.com
Thu May 3 02:29:56 EDT 2007

I totally agree with Roland.

As mentioned in the earlier posts, the opensource tools are great but you'll need to spend time in regards to the following:-

1. You'll definitely need to do customisation to the codes for commericial usage.
2. Provisioning System Process or rather System Planning in general
3. Crunch the flow data in accordance to the format that you require for billing and provisioning into any DBMS.
4. Do take note of the scalability issue in the above mentioned.

If you do have a really good system folk, do take into consideration of using Flavio concept of coding your own netflow collector socket and do a real time crunching / parsing to pump into any DBMS. After that all you'll need would be modular scripts / codes to process it for the purpose(s) that you require.

You'll need a good box nonethless a perfect storage plan.

Just my piece of 2 cents.

Cheers.

--
Regards,