[c-nsp] an example DSL configuration

Mike Gonnason gonnasonnsp at gmail.com
Wed May 9 06:06:23 EDT 2007

On 5/8/07, Scott Granados <gsgranados at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi, I have a client who is interested in setting up many branch offices
> and
> bring these back to a central location via IPSEC.  They have a pile of
> 2610's and a pile of ADSL cards.  At each location they wish to have two
> DSL
> lines, one with my client's network, and another with a carrier who they
> have a relationship in place with already.  Setting up one DSL interface
> using PPPOE seems relatively simple from the cisco documentation.  Is
> there
> a good example of bringing up two lines at once and having one be primary
> while the other is in stand by waiting for a failure on the primary?  Any
> pointers would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks

Are you trying to perform load sharing or just redundancy?

Would this link be of use to you? It is not the exact situation you are
describing, but I think it could be adapted to the vpdn/dialer configs
required for PPPoE.
http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/accessdial/showcase?case=K12793497

-Mike Gonnason