[c-nsp] Unable to set correct UBR value on an ATM IMA PVC - Bug ???

John Smith jsmith19365 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 15:09:15 EDT 2007

Greetings,

  I was just checking to see if anyone had ran into the following ATM IMA problem. I did a bug scrub on CCO and did not find any relevant bugs associated with our problem.

  Problem: Unable to set correct UBR value to PVC on an ATM IMA interface.

  Router Type -> Cisco 7206VXR
ATM IMA Card -> PA-A3-8T1IMA
  IOS -> 12.2(15)T12

  We have 4 T1's in the IMA group. The correct UBR value should be 6000 kpbs (4*1500). The router will only allow me to set UBR value of 4500 kbps which is not right.

  ====================================

  wcaoccr2#sh ima int atm3/ima2
ATM3/ima2 is up
        ImaGroupState: NearEnd = operational, FarEnd = operational
        ImaGroupFailureStatus  = noFailure
IMA Group Current Configuration:
        ImaGroupMinNumTxLinks = 1    ImaGroupMinNumRxLinks = 1
        ImaGroupDiffDelayMax  = 75   ImaGroupNeTxClkMode   = common(ctc)
        ImaGroupFrameLength   = 128  ImaTestProcStatus     = disabled
        ImaGroupTestLink      = 0    ImaGroupTestPattern   = 0xFF
IMA Link Information:
 Link                 Link Status              Test Status
------         ----------------------------   --------------
ATM3/0         up                             disabled
ATM3/1         up                             disabled
ATM3/2         up                             disabled
ATM3/3         up                             disabled

  ====================================

  wcaoccr2#sh atm pvc | incl 3/ima2
3/ima2     1              1    11  PVC    SNAP     UBR    4500                UP

  ====================================

  configuration
!
interface ATM3/ima2
 ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
   ip ospf network point-to-point
 ip ospf cost 4050
 ima differential-delay-maximum 75
 no atm oversubscribe
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 pvc 1/11
  ubr 4500
  broadcast
  protocol ip inarp
 !
end

  ====================================

  #conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
(config)#int atm3/ima2
(config-if)#pvc 1/11
wcaoccr2(config-if-atm-vc)#ubr
wcaoccr2(config-if-atm-vc)#ubr ?