[c-nsp] Is this config even possible?

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Mon May 14 12:18:01 EDT 2007

> On 5/12/07, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET <ml at t-b-o-h.net> wrote:
> >
> > I want a floating "default route". The order would be :
> >
> > Over the E1/0 tunnel
> > If unavailable, then over E1/0
> > If unavailable, then over E0/0 tunnel
> > If unavailable, then over E0/0
> > If unavailable.....Cry...
>
> Given the huge mix of connectivity, "external" private addressing,
> etc, is there any reason you couldn't backhaul all of the connectivity
> for your internal network on eth1/0 via IPSec/GRE tunnels as you did
> for the satellite link?

	Thats what I want to do as the default. However, there are other
factors influencing this. I've been having bad luck with the IPSec/GRE
over the Satellite, so I'm leary of what might happen on my E1/0 tunnel.
I've also been graphing packet loss and reliability on the E1/0 link
and I'm not very impressed with it. Over the last 36 hours its averaged
a 25% packet loss. (And, I haven't looked into it more, but 100% packet
loss to my end router....But I can't 100% verify it because of how I left
things configured)

> If you put each transport connection into its own VRF, with a tunnel
> for each of them in the global table, you can run your own IGP across
> the tunnels, handle failures cleanly, and have an opportunity to
> "normalize" this grab bag of connectivity.

	I've never used VRF. Any dummies guides out there? I did a quick
Google and find some more involved things, but looking for something starts
basic to build the foundation.

		Thanks, Tuc