[c-nsp] Is this config even possible?

Kevin Graham mahargk at gmail.com
Mon May 21 12:11:37 EDT 2007

On 5/14/07, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET <ml at t-b-o-h.net> wrote:

>         Thats what I want to do as the default. However, there are other
> factors influencing this. I've been having bad luck with the IPSec/GRE
> over the Satellite, so I'm leary of what might happen on my E1/0 tunnel.

Ignoring the link quality, which I'm guessing is out of your control,
keep in mind that adding comp-lsz to your transform-set can be a quick
and easy way to squeeze a little extra out of a link.

>         I've never used VRF. Any dummies guides out there? I did a quick
> Google and find some more involved things, but looking for something starts
> basic to build the foundation.

"VRF-Lite" is what you'd want to look for on CCO. With regards to
IPSec and GRE specifically, see "Using FVRF and IVRF in DMVPN":

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6635/products_white_paper0900aecd8034be03.shtml

...there's nothing specific to DMVPN about FVRF/IVRF -- just drop the
NHRP and GRE multipoint from the sample configs there.