[c-nsp] problem eith EIGRP and BGP

sanju shastri cuteboysanju at gmail.com
Mon May 14 19:08:03 EDT 2007

HI Oli,

Thx for replying , that really a good option . i was not awrae of the same.

i would like to share my solution with you..

What i have done i have created a route map in which i have permitted the
subnets for which i need to change the AD while using a prefix list.

then i redistributed eigrp into bgp using that route map.
now what it does i have two route in bgp one from EBGP peer and second from
the local BGP (this originally came from the eigrp , the redistributed one )

now the bgp path selection comes into picture and selects the the local bgp
route coz of higher weight.

BGP give ip routing table a local bgp route with AD 200.
Now routing table selects the route from eigrp coz of lesser AD i.e 90 or
170 couls be internal or external.

I have achieved the traffic flow from the route learned from the eigrp
route.

But here comes the problem abt convergence , if the EIGRP neighbour goes
down  then EBGP route comes into effect and traffic goes from it bur when it
comes back again the routing table does not select the eigrp route .

Any suggestions what could be cause of problem.

Regards,
Sanju