[c-nsp] HWIC-4ESW and 2811 - slow speed

Roman Bestuzhev vhelgi at gmail.com
Tue May 15 04:27:53 EDT 2007

Hello,

I will be very appreciate for help in the following problem.

I have 2811 with 10/100 ethernet switch module HWIC-4ESW. There is a problem
with performance of this switch module.

For example, when I measure speed between hosts being sit in the same vlan
on that switch module the speed performance is from 200kbps to 3mbps. The
exactly same thing appears when some hosts are on switch module (one ip
subnet) and other hosts are on built-in fast ethernet interface (another ip
subnet). This happens when interfaces on a switch module configured with
speed 100 mb and with duplex of full or auto.

But if I configure speed value on HWIC-4ESW interfaces as 10mb/full duplex,
everything goes fine, speed performance is almost 10mbps.

So the question is - is there any solution for this problem or I need just
change the module to other one?

Tools - iperf and ftp, ios - 12.4-9T. Several good ethernet cables was used.

Roman Bestuzhev,
System Administartor