[c-nsp] L2 MPLS issue

Hendry Sarumpaet hsa at ntt.net.id
Wed May 16 01:33:50 EDT 2007

Hello all,

     we currently deploying L2 mpls ethernet transport.
     the simple design :

CE -- (sw) -- PE1 --- P --- PE2 --- (sw) -- CE

     VC  ID are showing up and both CE can communicate as expected.
     however if we adding IP layer into another  sub-interface both on
     PE1 and PE2 directed to Trunk Switch port we didn't able to communicated
     with the IP it self( we need to access the switch for management
     purpose).
     Both PE1 and PE2 using 7206 with 12.4(4r)XD2 IOS, unfortunately
     when replacing with 76 series with Version 12.2(18)SXF IOS both
     L2 mpls transport and IP layer can work well into the different
     ethernet sub interface.
     Does anybody have any input regarding to this issue?
     thanks a lot.

--
cheers
hsa