[c-nsp] L2 MPLS issue

Hendry Sarumpaet hsa at ntt.net.id
Wed May 16 05:41:58 EDT 2007

Hello Rubens,

	We _certainly_ sure the proper vlan and ip and have been signed
	both on router and the switch (disabling L2 mpls on other interface
	will make IP routing back to work)
	Also as i inform previously running EoMPLS and IP routing on the
	different subinterface working well on 7609 (SUP720-3B) ios =  12.2(18)SXF
	all with the same configuration.
	but not with 7206 (NPE-G2) ios = 12.4(4r)XD2.
	is this just a minor IOS specific issue maybe?
	btw anyone have better recommendation IOS for 7206 (will run all mpls
	goodies L2 and L3 IP-VPN).
	thanks a lot.

--
cheers
hsa

> I couldn't fully understand your setup, but I guess you could be
> limited by the fact that EoMPLS only works on ports with "routerport",
> not "switchport". You probably have to configure your switch to have
> administration on a VLAN that is not default VLAN 1, and define a /30
> to the segment connecting the switch to the PE and have the route to
> that /30 propagated so you can access the switch. You can have one
> subinterface with xconnect and another subinterface with IP routing.

> Rubens

> On 5/16/07, Hendry Sarumpaet <hsa at ntt.net.id> wrote:

>> Hello all,

>>      we currently deploying L2 mpls ethernet transport.
>>      the simple design :

>> CE -- (sw) -- PE1 --- P --- PE2 --- (sw) -- CE

>>      VC  ID are showing up and both CE can communicate as expected.
>>      however if we adding IP layer into another  sub-interface both on
>>      PE1 and PE2 directed to Trunk Switch port we didn't able to communicated
>>      with the IP it self( we need to access the switch for management
>>      purpose).
>>      Both PE1 and PE2 using 7206 with 12.4(4r)XD2 IOS, unfortunately
>>      when replacing with 76 series with Version 12.2(18)SXF IOS both
>>      L2 mpls transport and IP layer can work well into the different
>>      ethernet sub interface.
>>      Does anybody have any input regarding to this issue?
>>      thanks a lot.

>> --
>> cheers
>> hsa