[c-nsp] Channelized E1/PRI Problem

Peter Nyamukusa petern at africaonline.co.sz
Wed May 16 13:24:04 EDT 2007

Hi Folks,

I have just installed a Channelized E1/PRI card on my 3725 router and I am
getting a local alarm from the E1 card could it be possible that the Chassis
is not compatible to the card. I have pasted the show version & show
controllers from my router, any help is appreciated in pointing me in the
right direction

System image file is "slot0:c3725-is-mz.123-13a.bin"

cisco 3725 (R7000) processor (revision 0.1) with 245760K/16384K bytes of
memory.

Processor board ID FCZ09487019

R7000 CPU at 240MHz, Implementation 39, Rev 3.3, 256KB L2 Cache

Channelized E1, Version 1.0.

Bridging software.

X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.

SuperLAT software (copyright 1990 by Meridian Technology Corp).

Primary Rate ISDN software, Version 1.1.

2 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

8 Low-speed serial(sync/async) network interface(s)

2 Channelized E1/PRI port(s)

DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.

31360K bytes of ATA System CompactFlash (Read/Write)

62720K bytes of ATA Slot0 CompactFlash (Read/Write)

show controllers e1 2/0

E1 2/0 is down.

  Applique type is Channelized E1 - balanced

  Transmitter is sending remote alarm.

  Receiver has loss of signal.

  alarm-trigger is not set

  Framing is CRC4, Line Code is HDB3, Clock Source is Line.

  Data in current interval (323 seconds elapsed):

     0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations

     0 Slip Secs, 323 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins

     0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 323 Unavail
Secs

  Data in Interval 1:

     0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations

     0 Slip Secs, 900 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins

     0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 900 Unavail
Secs

Peter