[c-nsp] Ds3 Issues

Mark Rogaski wendigo at pobox.com
Wed May 16 22:07:15 EDT 2007

An entity claiming to be Juan C. Crespo R. (jcposeidon at cantv.net) wrote:
: Dears
:
:     I have one problem with one new Ds3 link, it always shows CRC errors
: and this show controller output
:
:    11017 Line Code Violations, 5613 P-bit Coding Violation

Attenuation issues do not generally cause LCVs.  This is an issue somewhere
between the interface and the last device to regenerate the signal (either
the mux or any media converter in-line).  Most LCVs are caused by bad
cabling or a bad DSX.  You may want to exercise all the connectors between
the router and the telco mux.

Mark

--
[] Mark Rogaski              |         Back off man. I'm a scientist.