[c-nsp] Ds3 Issues

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Wed May 16 23:37:38 EDT 2007

At 10:07 PM 5/16/2007, Mark Rogaski wrote:
>An entity claiming to be Juan C. Crespo R. (jcposeidon at cantv.net) wrote:
>: Dears
>:
>:     I have one problem with one new Ds3 link, it always shows CRC errors
>: and this show controller output
>:
>:    11017 Line Code Violations, 5613 P-bit Coding Violation
>
>Attenuation issues do not generally cause LCVs.  This is an issue somewhere
>between the interface and the last device to regenerate the signal (either
>the mux or any media converter in-line).  Most LCVs are caused by bad
>cabling or a bad DSX.  You may want to exercise all the connectors between
>the router and the telco mux.

I respectfully disagree. We have seen on every PA-MC-* we use
anywhere in the country that a hot signal from any Adtran OC3-DS3 mux
gear will cause constant LCVs until we add 10-12db of attenuation on
the receive side. Once this is done, all of the LCVs go away for
good. I don't know that is his problem here, but when a hard loop
shows good, I suspect a bad card or a LBO/attenuation issue.

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin