[c-nsp] 12.3.22 lawful intercept on 7206 - DHCP bug eats 2, 000+ customers

Neal Rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Thu May 17 11:32:24 EDT 2007

  I have a 7206 with NPE-G1, upgraded from 12.2.15T11 last night to
12.3.22 lawful intercept and simultaneously taking from 256m to 1024m of
memory.

  The system has BGP peers and a couple of thousand DSL customers
attached (I know, I know, OS and memory upgrade are part of me splitting
it for this customer).

  We watched 2,100 ARP entries appear for the ATM PVCs this morning and
all seemed well but the onboard DHCP was sick. We do a 'show run' and
it'll fail with a "try later" or it'll run but it takes several minutes
to generate anything.

  We're on the phone with TAC now and we've got someone clueful but this
is incredibly painful for the customer - anyone seen this thing before?
Suggestions?