[c-nsp] 12.3.22 lawful intercept on 7206 - DHCP bug eats 2, 000+ customers

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Thu May 17 14:06:50 EDT 2007

So, you're turning up a new connection with 2100 customers on it (or ARP
entries at least) and DHCP is slowing right down?

If I understand this right, this is normal behaviour.... on one of our cable
routers (CTMS router) when we do maintenance and bring 500+ customers back
online, it takes a good 20 minutes for all those customers to get an IP
address again.  Once we're beyond that initial startup it works great
though....

Does that seem similiar to your situation or does DHCP just choke all
together?

Paul