[c-nsp] C1841 vs C2651XM

Moerman, Maarten m.moerman at marktplaats.nl
Mon May 21 10:41:23 EDT 2007

Hi,

I was browsing, googling etc for some comparison or speed specification
of/between a C1841 and a C2651XM. But I cannot find anything that is
telling me which one should be faster for which purpose. Maybe you guys
can help me out. The purpose of my home router will be to extend it to a
C2924, and setup different vlans for my different neighbors (wireless
access) I also do satellite card sharing, so I need encrypted tunnels to
other equipment (C800's, and some draytek equipped friends) I currently
have a C2610 for this purpose, but this machine is getting REAL slow
when I have more than 3 tunnels online.

I am currently looking at a 2nd hand C2651XM, which I can buy with 128mb
mem, and 32mb flash, my current router has 32mb ram, and 16mb flash, so
this will be an improvement, both in speed and memory, but my questions
are:

 - which machine is faster?
 - which machine is the better buy?
 - is there a better solution than this for some vlans and vpn tunnels?
(for cheaper than a $600 2651xm)

Thanks in advance!

Maarten
--
Network Engineer | eBay / Marktplaats.nl Randweg 25 | 8304 AS Emmeloord
E-mail: mmoerman at ebay.com | Mobile: +31 6 55 1 222 47