[c-nsp] CEF bug with 12.2(25)S4

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Tue May 22 02:53:48 EDT 2007

On (2007-05-21 23:06 +0200), Vincent De Keyzer wrote:
> Saku,
>
> thanks for your answer!
>
> However the bug description found on CCO does not seem to cover completely
> what we have seen: e.g. applying "no ip route-cache" to int Gig2/0.801
> causes CEF to be disabled on all subinterfaces of Gi2/0.
>
> Do you think that this is actually the same bug? I wouldn't like to upgrade
> software just to discover that only half of the problem is solved.

I think so, but by all means, confirm from TAC. Problem might actually be
triggered when CEF state information is being updated for given information
that has uRPF configured. Removing CEF and removing interface ending up
causing same state update.
However, if you're seeing this issue on interface that does not have uRPF,
then it's different issue.

> Vincent

  ++ytti