[c-nsp] Server Room

gschwim at gmail.com gschwim at gmail.com
Wed May 23 12:18:17 EDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Daniel Hooper <dhooper at emerge.net.au> wrote:

> If you don't know this already its worth hiring someone who's been around
> the traps long enough to know what's good.

Indeed...

A *real* data center/server room is something that requires experience and
expertise.  Don't make the mistake of learning expensive lessons the hard
way.  A datacenter is far more than cool air, a UPS, and raised flooring.
Consult with a professional.  I've used engineering firms that specialize in
datacenter design and architecture.  They do things like heat flow analysis,
HVAC load, power plant design, etc.  Also, I strongly suggest working with a
reputable cabling vendor.  Ask questions.  Read.  Learn.

-Greg