[c-nsp] Server Room

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed May 23 10:40:25 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Mad Unix wrote:
> Out of your experience people...
> I am in the process of planning and design a good server room,
> there are standards for constructing server rooms...please your input in
> this issue
> How to design a good server Room?

The Ciscopress book "Build the Best Data Center Facility for Your Business"
covers all the physical things you'll be most interested in.  The Ciscopress
book 'Data Center Fundamentals' is more of the logical piece, covering the
networking technologies you'll need.  I have both of these.

Sun Microsystems publishes a series called 'BluePrints' that has a whole host
of good books in it.  The one I have is "Enterprise Data Center Design and
Methodology" and it covers these physical things very well.

Also check the Data Center Knowledge website for pointers:
datacenterknowledge.com is the site.

Hope that helps!
--
Lamar Owen