[c-nsp] Server Room

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Wed May 23 16:25:22 EDT 2007

Mad Unix wrote:
> Out of your experience people...
> I am in the process of planning and design a good server room,
> there are standards for constructing server rooms...please your input in
> this issue
> How to design a good server Room?

Since you didn't specify a size, etc.  A good place to start:

http://www.apcc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=261

Ignore the noise about raise floor (overrated and expensive), and you
don't need "high ceilings" anymore.  9-10ft would be ample depending on
your rack densities and return air/plenum requirements.

Advice; have plenty of power available, 480-600v 3phase power if
possible.  Also, build on a slab to avoid loading requirements in high
rises; stuff gets heavy fast.

Then again, if you're looking at something where you want 40-100 racks
of 10KW per reack, you're looking at something rather huge and
everything changes. ie: megawatt UPS's, 150KW PDU's, etc.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Email is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of
contents may have occurred during transmission.